Saturday, April 10, 2010

BEDA 10: Relay and G.O.W.

I'll keep things as short and as sweet as possible because of the time. It kinda got away from me. Oh well.
***
Last night was the Relay for Life on campus. It ran from around 5 PM to around 5 AM, however, a lot of groups had left by ... I'm going to say 2 or 3 AM, and the janitorial staff was removing the plastic covering on the track before the Relay was even over because of an upcoming event.
The Relay itself was fun, but last year's was better. More energy, perhaps.
***
I left the Relay for a few hours with Arieana, Meagan, Manar, and Carl to go to a band show organized by a small group that I'm a part of that brings small bands to campus. Driftwood, Thinguma*jigSaw, and Good Old War all played. Driftwood had a cool bluegrass sound. Thinguma*jigSaw was a Norwegian duo, one of whom played a saw. And Good Old War played a sweet acoustic set. I ended up buying a set of G.O.W. buttons, their debut CD, and I got a picture with them. It isn't the clearest, but it's alright.
Me, Tim, Dan, and Keith
Until tomorrow! Allons-y, Alonso!

No comments: