Saturday, April 03, 2010

BEDA 2: Agree to Disagree?

I'm going to keep this short and sweet and to the point because it's late and my computer has been driving me up a wall. Perhaps it's due to the network at home ... I have no clue. But it's still the problem that has been bugging me since last June. ... But that isn't the topic of today's VEDA. That topic ... is Anamanaguchi.
After more or less discovering them at PAX East (don't worry, the PAX East post will be tomorrow), I came home on Sunday, got a good night's sleep, and woke up the next day ... to discover that there was a feud between Peter (the lead singer) and Ary (unsure of his position in the band) over Chick-Fil-A. Ary doesn't like it ... and Peter does. They were fighting on Twitter, one of their followers suggested that they change the password, and ... Ary changed the password, forcing Peter to create his own separate account. And there has been a war of sorts since then: Pro-Chick-Fil-A versus Anti-Chick-Fil-A.
To be honest, watching a great group battle over whether or not a franchise chicken establishment sucks ... is disheartening. It's just a simple disagreement. I have them all the time with my brother and we still get along ... kinda ... but that's a topic for another time. Look, I, personally, don't like excessive piercings or tattoos, but I'm fine with seeing small ones on people. People who get whole swaths of their skin covered in metal piercings or ink isn't my cup of tea. But I don't essentially disown my friends if they have excessive piercings or tats. That's not like me. It's not right to do that. It's ... immoral, almost. It's like breaking the friend code.
Can't you guys just agree to disagree?
And this picture ... the egg in the middle ... represents my feelings most accurately. As it does for fans of Anamanaguchi right now, I hope.
See you all tomorrow.

No comments: