Sunday, January 17, 2010

Live Blogging the Golden Globes

  • Well ... everyone is looking quite nice tonight, decked out in their fancy outfits and all.
  • Ricky is a bit ticked off at Steve Carell. I can see why.
  • I wonder if anyone has footage of Amanda Palmer and possibly Neil Gaiman on the Red Carpet.
  • Oh, there's George Lucas ... he's put on some pounds.
  • Ah, Ricky's complementing some good actors. Nice, nice. I can't see Leno hosting the Golden Globes.
  • I'm pulling for either Vera Farmiga or Anna Kendrick. ... On that note, I still have yet to see Precious.
  • Hrm ... Matthew Fox is looking a little frazzled.
  • I'm pulling for either Tina Fey or Lea Michelle. ... Okay. Good for The United States of Tara. Spielberg and Cody are involved, so ... good for them!
  • Commercial break! Tad bit more of "Under the Dome".
  • Jim Parsons!
  • MICHAEL EMERSON! ... It's no secret that I'm pulling for him. ... Oh ... crap, NPH is nominated too? ... AND WILLIAM HURT?! ... AND JOHN LITHGOW?! ... Oh crap ... Eep! ... LITHGOW! Still a great choice. ... And I STILL have to watch Dexter! ... Lithgow's middle finger is out ... umm ... unintentional, right?
  • SIR PAUL!
  • ... Umm ... What is Mike Tyson doing there?!
  • Ha! Great quip, Paul!
  • Okay ... animated flicks ... I'm pulling for either Coraline or Fantastic Mr. Fox. Or Up.
  • And ... Up! YES!
  • Oh, and there's Kevin Bacon, looking nerd-chic in those framed glasses!
  • The grape soda pin! :D
  • Commercial!
  • Okay ... less about Desperate Housewives.
  • Okay, pulling either for Hugh, Michael, or Jon. ... And ... Michael won! Nice! ... And once again, I still have to watch Dexter. ... And as my brother calls him ... MCH.
  • Pulling for Anna Paquin ... despite not really following/watching True Blood. And Julianna won. Nice.
  • And another commercial!
  • Oh, and we're back! And Harrison is presenting! He sounds ... a little down? Glum, perhaps? Tired? Beaten?
  • Oh! Hey! There's Jason Reitman! Up in the Air presentation! :D
  • Oh ... Cher ... you're looking ... umm ... yeah. ... Oh! Perfect quote from Amanda Palmer!
"Harrison ford takes stage. George clooney has a beard. Cher and christina aguilera just took stage look like a weird matching Barbie set." (Twitter)
  • Pulling for either Sir Paul's song or the song from Crazy Heart. Okay! *adds Crazy Heart to list*
  • An Up in the Air joke, huh? :P
  • Up! Okay, I'm definitely pulling for ... scratch that. Either Up or Where the Wild Things Are. And Up wins! :D
  • And another commercial break!
  • Crap. Browser froze. Content deleted :P Hopefully quick recap. Grey Gardens ... haven't seen it. Tom Hanks! Umm ... how is Tucci a step up from Baldwin? Is it the creepiness factor?
  • Oh! Meryl Streep won! Congrats, Meryl!
  • Another commercial!
  • Okay, more about Precious.
  • The two leads from Avatar taking the stage ... unsure who to pull for here. Umm ... perhaps Irons or Branagh. And Bacon wins! ... 6 degrees?
  • I think that either female from Grey Gardens will take it. ... And I'm right! Barrymore it is!
  • Okay, we get it, Drew. Not too teary, please.
  • And here we go: another commercial break.
  • Gervais is back! Hey! There's nothing wrong with writing! .. Oh! Jason Reitman again! ... "That bloke from 300"? Sounds about right, Ricky.
  • District 9 had better win! ... Or The Hurt Locker would also be acceptable. Or Up in the Air, too. Or Inglourious Basterds. And ... YES! Up in the Air FTW!
  • Hrm ... Ashton isn't Tweeting this ...
  • Okay, Glee, Hung, The Office, Californiacation, and 30 Rock ... Glee? ... Okay, Baldwin's still a good choice.
  • Okay, Maggie, we get it. Let's get on with this thing! ... Commercials?! AGAIN?!
  • Well, Mr. Jackson ... how the eff is Basterds the "feel-good film of the year"?!
  • Okay ... I've seen none of Sophia Loren's flicks. And I have no knowledge of these foreign language films. So ... any one of them could work for me.
  • C'mon, Chuck! Flash! Do something! ... KILL HER! ... Kidding.
  • Okay, I'm pulling either for House, Mad Men, True Blood or Dexter. ... Okay, Mad Men wins. Nice, nice. I caught a bit here and there in late December. Neat stuff.
  • And another commercial break. Just get on with it! Cut the commercials! The running time would be cut down by ... an hour? An hour and a half?
  • ENOUGH ABOUT FREAKIN' TWILIGHT!
  • 500 Days of Summer! :DDD
  • Okay ... umm ... I'm pulling for Jane Lynch ... And Chloe Sevingy wins for Big Love ... which I don't watch.
  • Okay ... pulling for Waltz ... he's the crowd favorite ... and he wins! Alright!
  • Oh, DiCaprio and DeNiro HAVE to be in a movie together ... directed by Scorsese, perhaps? :)
  • Videos of Scorsese bonking film?!?! WHA?!
  • Great Scorsese montage! I have a lot more Scorsese flicks to see. Oh! Shutter Island plug! Woo!
  • Ah, Scorsese honoring the greats ... *tear*
  • And another commercial break. :P
  • The Hurt Locker! Nice!
  • And Ricky's back. ... Umm ... how much has he had to drink?
  • ... AVATAR won?! ... I'm in shock.
  • C'mon ... GleeGleeGleeGLEE! Yes!
  • ... And another commercial?!
  • Okay ... umm ... where's Galifinakis?
  • Pulling for 500 Days of Summer ... and ... THE HANGOVER?!?!
  • Oh boy, it's The Governator. I'm shaking in my shoes ... not really.
  • Yes, Ahnold, we get it, but effects don't always make the movie. ... And I'm sure that there are WAY more people than just me who haven't seen it yet.
  • Oh, look! Ricky's back!
  • Oh, look! Henry Selick!
  • Hrm ... I'm pulling for ... ... Mirren. ... Okay, and Bullock wins! Nice, nice. Nice speech, too.
  • Sally Hawkins? ... Oh, right. I haven't seen Happy Go-Lucky.
  • Either RDJ or JG-L or Stulback (misspelled, I know) ... and ... Woo! RDJ! ... No speech?! :P Well ... nice improvising, Robert!
  • Christ! Another commercial break?! If there were fewer breaks ... this would be over at ... 10 PM!
  • ClooneyClooneyCloon-Bridges? Okay, still a good choice. ... And I still have yet to see Crazy Heart. The Dude abides!
  • And ... another commercial break. :P
  • ... AVATAR WON?!?! ... :P Effects don't always make the movie ...
  • And a goodbye from Gervais. Nice, nice. :)
  • And it's done. Over. Completed. Finito. Good night, all.
I'd also like to plug my friend Ryan's live blogging of the Globes and his picks, as well. He's a great guy who has a great interest in film.

No comments: