Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Year's End

I end this year as I ended the last: away from home. Last December 31st, I was celebrating (more or less) with my brother at my grandparents in Florida. Today (or tonight, rather), I'll be celebrating with my immediate family and the tour group, some of whom I've come to be on very good terms with, in Costa Rica.
The hotel has a whole shebang set up to ring in the new year. To be honest, I'd be content ringing in the new year back home with family friends, as we have in previous years. But ... *sigh* vacation before celebration, I guess?
Overall, I would say that 2009 was a great year for me. I started and ended two more semesters at college. I made a ton of friends around the country and around the world and I had a chance to meet some of them, which was quite nice. I got to see a few cool gigs and met a celeb or two or a few. And there's a whole lot more. But I'll save that for another time, I guess.
And I'll be beginning the new year as I did this one: away from home.
Happy New Year.


P.S. 2010 will be the start of my 1 year Photoblog experiment.

No comments: