Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Trailer

I woke up this morning to find this trailer had come my way via e-mail or Twitter or something like that. I watched it. I was ... horrified? Would that be the right word?
Let me preface this by saying that I do enjoy the occasional GOOD Nicholas Cage film. And when I say occasional, I mean OCCASIONAL! ... Which is rare in this day and age. Yes, I enjoyed The Rock. And Face/Off. And the National Treasure flicks. And Matchstick Men. But otherwise, of late, his film choices or roles have been ... type-casted, perhaps? Maybe it's just me, but that's how it seems.
This flick, needless to say, looks like a BAD Nicholas Cage film. It looks like he isn't even trying, really. I mean, from what I've heard, he is kickin' in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans and Kick-Ass, but this ... *sigh*
And have you read the plot on the IMDB page for this flick?
A sorcerer leaves his workshop in the hands of his apprentice, who gets into trouble when the broomstick he's tasked to do his chores for him somehow develops a mind of its own.
SERIOUSLY?!?! That's the plot for the sequence from the Fantasia movies! That is SO not the plot that I gather from the trailer, despite the fact that it's the teaser trailer. I don't see any FREAKIN' broomsticks! Nor do I see any broomsticks caning Nicholas Cage for choosing this role! *sigh*
Maybe it'll be "Good." MAYBE. I'm leaning towards "No way."
So, here's the trailer, courtesy of Film School Rejects. I don't know whether or not to say enjoy, but ... enjoy?


UPDATE: I rewatched the trailer and saw the snippet with the brooms. Yeah. I'm guess that that's going to be ... 5, maybe 10 minutes of the entire film. :P

No comments: