Sunday, December 27, 2009

Movies of 2009

What follows is a list of all the new films I have seen in 2009. And by new, I mean films that I've seen in theaters that have been released in 2009. I was hoping to see more, but *sigh* things happen.

  • Coraline
  • Watchmen
  • Star Trek
  • Up
  • Moon
  • Transformers 2
  • The Hurt Locker
  • Julie and Julia
  • District 9
  • 9
  • Zombieland
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 

My least favorite out of all of them is above and beyond Transformers 2. To put it simply ... it was a giant turd. That is all about that.
As for my favorite ... I can't decide. I'm split between District 9, Star Trek, and Moon for best Sci-Fi flick. I'm split between Coraline and Where the Wild Things Are for best adaptation. *sigh* If I had to pick 1 film and 1 film only ... I'd probably go with Up for being the most original, whimsical, up-lifting (no pun intended), emotional film I saw this year.
As for Harry Potter, which I saw on the plane ... it was meh. Yes, the story flowed, but some bits felt rushed and others were left out and some things weren't quite as I envisioned them while reading the novel a few years ago. I'll post a full capsule review in the new year.
Hopefully I shall see more in the coming year. And I most definitely will, seeing as one of the major summer blockbusters is Iron Man 2, which looks like it'll be an absolute thrill ride.
Until next year, multiplex.

No comments: