Thursday, October 01, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are ... Or Will Be

Well, it's just shy of 2 weeks until the long-anticipated adaptation of Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are is to be released.
I must say that I'm more than excited for its release. I don't have too many major memories from growing up, but I do have inklings of reading the book, particularly "We'll eat you up! We love you so!"
The trailers and TV spots have had me tearing up. The posters have brought huge smiles to my face. And listening to the soundtrack (streaming at imeem) just brightens my mood. The soundtrack is just brimming with a pure sense of innocence that I haven't heard elsewhere.
I'm officially looking forward to this movie (or have been since I saw the first trailer back in March. The one with Arcade Fire's "Wake Up" as the backing track.). I definitely know what I'm doing on October 16th.

Trailer 1:



Trailer 2:



Featurette:



Let the wild rumpus begin!

No comments: