Recently, John McCain and Sarah Palin have made comments and have provided such news that people who can think logically would think that their campaign would be over, but it's not.
Part I: The Economy
- McCain has continually said that the fundamentals of our economy are strong. Then, the economy plummeted, no thanks to the major drop of the Dow and the financial bankruptcies. He's still saying that the fundamentals are strong. Then he clarified his statement by saying that he meant that the fundamentals were the workers. Do you mean the workers whose jobs have been shipped overseas? He's also said previously that he doesn't know much about the economy. No duh! He said he'll fire the SEC Commissioner if elected. Hey there, Johnny! You can't fire the SEC Commissioner. Presidents can only appoint them! And Phil Gramm, one of his campaign staff members said "America is a nation of whiners." Damn elitist!
Part II: Foreign Policy
- Apparently, McCain's foreign policy is being a POW for 5 and a half years. Uh-huh. So, if I was a POW for 5 and a half years, I'd have great foreign policy experience? And what about Sarah Palin's "foreign policy experience"? So what if she can see Russia from her house? Actually, Russia can't be seen from her house. It can be seen from an island off the western coast of Alaska. And how many times has she been outside of the US? Once, apparently. Last year, which was when she applied for and got her passport. Living across the strait from Russia isn't exactly foreign policy experience and neither is being a POW.
Part III: Who's Running for President?
- As recently as today, Palin has stated things about the "Palin-McCain administration". Hi there, Sarah. Need a reminder? You're the VP for the Republican Party. YOU'RE NOT THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU'RE YOUNGER AND CHARISMATIC, BUT LET'S FACE IT, GOVERNOR, YOU'RE NO BARACK OBAMA!
Part IV: McCain's Mind and Health
- We know that McCain was a POW for 5 and a half years and we know that he was broken and beaten and signed confessions. We have videos from former POWs from Vietnam who say that their lifespan has decreased and they've had health and mental problems. McCain has had cancer at least twice. And he only released his medical records for a brief, and I mean brief, period of time, a few hours, in fact, to a handful of medical professionals, I think. They weren't allowed access to technology. The records were well over 1000 pages. You do the math.
Part V: Palin's Controversies and Policies, etc.
- There are many things about Sarah Palin that give me the shudders. Her 17 year old daughter is pregnant out of wedlock. Palin is anti-abortion. She's a member of the NRA. She hunts moose from airplanes. I don't know how many women that she will pull to McCain with policies and ideas like that. She had a tanning bed installed in the governor's house in Alaska. She fired the Public Service Commissioner in Alaska for reasons still unknown, but many people believe it was because he didn't fire a trooper who happened to be her ex-brother-in-law. She isn't cooperating with the investigation, despite the fact that she said she would fully cooperate. Her husband, Todd Palin was issued a subpoena for the Troopergate investigation, but he's ignoring it, for lack of a better word. He also works for BP.
Part VI: McCain v. The Government
- McCain has said that Washington is broken and he can fix it. Yet, he's been in the Senate for 26 years. How could he not fix it in those 26 years? He's also said that he's against lobbyists. Yet, his campaign is run by, in part, 159 or so lobbyists. He's said that he'll fight corruption. How can we believe that?
Okay, folks. How many more reasons do you need to vote for Barack Obama?